"Did I wake you up?" Stefanie began. "I totally forgot that you're early-to-bed."
"I'm in bed already, but not asleep yet," I replied. "Fret not, you didn't wake me up. What's up?"
"I met a cute boy!" Of course she did. I'm not sure why there's always a note of mild surprise in her voice when she says things like this. Stefanie, being both cute and schmoozy, is perfect for striking up conversations with random boys -- on the metro, at church, in class. This boy was of the last category.
They chitchatted for a bit, and she found out he works for the State Department. That's cool, she thought. Then he offered up this little nugget: "But because I'm a political appointee, I'll be out of a job in a few months!"
"Of course he's a Republican!" she continued on the phone with me. "Why WOULDN'T he be a Republican?!" She's right, Republican boys heart Stefanie. "My life is so predictable. And now I'll probably see him everywhere -- I have class with him, he doesn't work that far from my office, and he lives in our area. You just know I'm going to end up sitting next to him on my morning commute." Which is a completely accurate assessment, as Stefanie knows everyone and runs into them constantly.
Fuck you, Visa. Stefanie's everywhere you want to be.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment