Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just Another Scene

“I saw the cutest nerdy Jewish boy on the metro last Friday night,” Stefanie began.

No surprises here. Stefanie and I have the exact same type. She and the girls were on their way to a party that a friend of Lisette was throwing when she spotted him. When they got to the party, much to her surprise, she spotted him again. Washington DC is a deceptively small town.

“I was going to go over and talk to him, but the opportunity must have had a short shelf-life, and apparently I was taking too long. Because before I knew it, Danielle had beaten me to it! She gave him her number. Just another scene from my awkward life.”

Awkward, indeed. But it wasn’t until later that night, upon receiving a text message from Stefanie circa 2:30AM, that I realized the evening must have somehow flipped a tight U-turn from awkward-middle-school-dance to raucous-frat-house.

From: Stef Cell, 2:29AM
Msg: Becca is vomiting out the side of a taxi at Union Station.

And then…

From: Stef Cell, 2:31AM
Msg: …and now the fuzz is coming over.

Whoa. What kind of shenanigans did I miss?

No comments: